Sunday 5 November 2017

Hobson’s Choice

My line is going several different colours. Let’s hope it works come Thurs when I have my next round of ECP.

Sometimes life is a bit of a Hobson’s Choice. What would you do in this situation?

For the last few weeks I’ve been getting really bad stomach ache. This is especially apparent in the evenings after I’ve eaten. I sit or lie down with a heat pad on my tummy to try and relieve the discomfort. It makes me feel sick and unwell for the hour or two that it lasts.

To treat it I was given extra steroids medication. I already take prednisalone but I’m now also taking budesonide which works more specifically on your gut lining. The problem is it makes me feel really shaky and my legs feel very weak. Steroids in general are bad for your bones and also really suppress your immunity. I’ve been on them in varying doses for 3 years.

I always try to cut back as soon as I can. I’ve started this weaning process but I have the gut ache again.

It’s so bloody annoying. Will see what the docs say next week. They will probably say the steroids have to go back up because they don’t want me loosing weight.

I’d just like a month in the Bahamas with no pain and no pills. It’s good to have a fantasy life. Lol.

At least I’m still here when so many others never made it this far. Thinking of those less fortunate than me and sending light and love to those who need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment